I have had my crotchety moments. Especially this past
weekend when I , having introduced the topic, have fallen behind Friday schedule. You see I was on a marathon—writing over 7000 words—10 articles about my state Tamil Nadu for a travel magazine—and I had to do it in 3 days….and at the same time having to fine tuning details and arrangements for our big festival Diwali that is on 26th—day after tomorrow…. hmmmm…enough reason to get crotchety, contentious and crabby at
- My husband for making political comments and
reading bits and pieces from the newspaper when I am trying to navigate my way
between waterfalls, sanctuaries and culture, arts and crafts.
- The couriers who land up with all kinds of
invitations and announcements for sales, exhibitions and fairs and insist that I have to enter my phone number after signing for the said junk mail………grrrr!
- My vegetable seller who has been bringing the
same veggies everyday and frankly I am getting tired of eating the said veggies…she chooses the exact moment when I am searching for desperate info about
distances, topography and nearest air, rail connections to places.
- My fruit seller who is a past hand at raising my crotchety level by a few ratchets!
- My cook who has suddenly decided to spice my life with an extra dose of pungency and the Lord and master has developed acidity and ulcers in the mouth (BTW he is worse than a baby—can’t tolerate any spice).
- Trickles of visitors who are dropping in to say ‘Happy
Diwali’ and I have to entertain them.
- Last minute shopping, making sweets and savouries and sending bits and pieces of fillers for the magazine.
- Other regular editors who have upped the regular
deadlines suddenly and want my monthly articles—yes you guessed it ‘yesterday’.
- Being unable to chat with Grannymar on Skype as
she comes on when my TV is blasting out the latest news about Gaddafi, missing helicopters that have strayed into enemy territory, inane movie news and earthquakes and anti Wall Street demos that has become viral.
- PS By the time I posted this blog…I managed to have a chat with Grannymar and remnants of my crotchetiness has disappeared completely.
I have now caught up with all my work…bar few…and am feeling
genial and garrulous enough to post my entry. Now all that is left is to drop in on other people’s timely blogs, comment on their insights into crotchetiness while I blush with guilt at my own tardiness.
Welcome to the Friday Loose Bloggers Consortium where Akanksha, Anu, Ashok, Conrad, Delirious, Gaelikaa, Grannymar, Magpie11, Nema, Noor, Ordinary Joe, Paul, Maria the Silver Fox, Rummuser , Will Knott, and I write on the same topic. Please do visit the linked blogs to get seventeen different flavours of the same topic.