There was a time when I was touched when my Aunt would drop by, bundle me into her chauffeur driven car and take me shopping.
There was a time when I was touched when my neighbor would walk in with a special dish that I liked which she had made for her family that day.
There was a time when I was touched by the kindness of a friend who just called to say, “How are you doing?”
There was a time when I was touched by a phone call from an acquaintance saying that what had been published with my byline was a great piece of writing.
There was a time when I was touched by the offer of a cut in price without asking or having to bargain!
Today my world has shrunk. But there are still many angels out there who touch my life in many ways. The characters have changed, but the feeling and emotions that touch me by a sensitive deed/action by
- My husband Raju who brings a little titbit to eat or a magazine or even a fat pen to help me sign the ream of papers he puts before me regularly
- Brothers who get me special books like my oldest Ramana; or keeping me upto date about who has ‘kicked the bucket’ in our circles faithfully done by my second brother Arvind; keeping me in the grid about UK family happenings and his intended visits by Barath
- My son Jai who loves sharing murder mysteries and spy thrillers on Kindle with me
- My daughter Nitila whose eyes are ever open to spotting stuff that will make my life easier in the kitchen, home, personal wardrobe etc.
- My granddaughters who shower me with love and demands!
- Other family members made up of sister’s-in-love, nieces and nephews and their spouses who reach out with love, care and concern for my well being
- My bosses (many), my co-workers who treat me with kid gloves and do not pressurize me with impossible deadlines (never mind that they know that these SOS’s touch the tender spot that says ‘deliver now’)
- So many friends—real and virtual—who encourage, touch base, and keep in the loop in so many areas of interests.
- In fact my life was Touched beautifully by Paul, who has chosen this topic!
What more can a person want? The love of so many people has touched my life in myriad ways that I live in a rainbow of beautiful colours with different pots of gold at both ends reaching out to be opened and experienced.
Truly, I have been ‘Touched by Angels’!
Welcome to the Friday Loose Bloggers Consortium where Anu, Ashok, Conrad, Delirious, Gaelikaa, Grannymar, Magpie11, Paul, Maria the Silver Fox, Rummuser , Will Knott, Shackman and I write on the same topic. Please do visit the linked blogs to get different flavours of the same topic.